Love to Read Local Week is a state-wide campaign showcasing and celebrating Western Australia’s many, many wonderful writers and illustrators, and the books they create. Through an exciting program of bespoke events, our mission is to connect Western Australian readers with Western Australian books.
Now entering its fourth year, Love to Read Local Week 2023 will take place from 2 to 9 June.
Writing WA is proud to be working with our state-wide network of member organisations and with other enthusiastic stakeholders to deliver this year’s campaign. Live events, online promotions, media activities and more will all feature in this unique celebration of West Australian literature.
Writing WA acknowledges the Copyright Agency Limited Cultural Fund, Raine Square and Night Parrot Press for their generous support in enabling Love to Read Local Week.
What’s on for Love to Read Local Week 2023 …
We have lots of exciting activities in place for Love to Read Local Week 2023. These are just a few of them:
- Read the entries for the Love to Read Local Flashscapes Competition
- Check out LTRL Week events near you.
More ideas on how to celebrate Western Australia’s writers and books …
- Find a great book by a Western Australian author. Browse a selection of fantastic books by WA authors here, discover our local WA publishing houses here, and subscribe to the Love to Read Local newsletter for fortnightly news on the latest books by WA authors here.
- Shop Local – share the love with WA’s wonderful independent bookshops.
- Take a journey on the Love to Read Local Literary Map. Find books that will inspire you to travel to the many places in WA that have inspired our authors. Plan your itinerary here. Tell us about a book that’s inspired you to travel to a particular place in WA.
- Become a #LovetoReadLocal ambassador by spreading the word via social media. Share one of the Love to Read Local social media graphics, add a LTRL button to your home page, add a frame to your social media profile picture, or share the info in your blog or e-newsletter. Check out the tools that we’ve created to help you spread the word.
- Discover WA writers that you may not have heard of yet by exploring the Literati database.
- View some of our existing book trailers on Writing WA’s YouTube channel and watch past episodes of Cover to Cover.
- Make your own YouTube video. Tell us why you love to read local and which books you love the most. Send us the YouTube link to share.
- Start a Book Club with friends and choose from our Book Club favourites to get the party started.