A donation to Writing WA is a gift to our state’s storytellers.
It’s the laying down of bricks to build pathways for new and established writers so they can produce the stories that define careers and shape communities.
It’s the enabling of festivals, events and programs that showcase writers and deliver rich cultural experiences to WA audiences.
When you donate to Writing WA, you give immediate power to new opportunities, new voices and new stories. You join a creative community of doers and change-makers.
Together we write the big picture.
The rewards are seeing the impact our donations have on Western Australian writers and readers at a grassroots level and knowing that we are really helping writers to develop. Ten years later I can still say categorically that a … donation invested in Writing WA is by far the best return on investment and reward, more than any other (arts) organisation.
Phil Thick, Writing WA Literary Lion
WHAT THE GIVING PROGRAM ENABLES
- WA writers – at all levels of their careers, through commissions, awards and pathways to success.
- The Literary Map of WA.
- The ‘Love to Read Local’ program – activates the vast network of WA book clubs and readers by connecting them to WA authors.
- Love to Read Local Week – a state-wide celebration of WA writers and books through bespoke activities, events and activations.
- Literature Live Around the World – a festival partnership between Writing WA and LitFest Bergen that showcases WA authors to the world.
- Quantum Words Perth Festival – a biennial writers’ festival bringing science and creativity together.
- Ubud Writers & Readers Festival Perth – one of the world’s most celebrated literature festivals transferred to the Perth CBD.
- The Observership Program – an initiative providing emerging arts practitioners with a structured experience of governance and leadership.
- Communications platforms and member networks – keeping the writing and reading communities informed and connected.
CHOOSE YOUR LEVEL OF GIVING
Click on your preferred level of giving to learn how you’ll be making a difference:
Writing WA Inc is a Deductible Gift Recipient and operates the Writing WA Public Fund in accordance with the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997. Donations to Writing WA of $2.00 or more are tax deductible and we will send you a receipt for your tax purposes.
If you prefer to donate via EFT our account details are:
Account name: Writing WA Inc Public Fund
Bank: NAB BSB: 086 089 Account: 791 911 635