See confirmed events here
The Love to Read Local Author Events Fund provides WA’s enthusiastic readers with the opportunity to meet and discuss some of their favourite books with the authors who wrote them.
As part of Love to Read Local Week 2023 Writing WA, supported by the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund, is delighted to provide this opportunity for bookshops, book clubs, libraries and other organisations throughout the state to host events – either in person or virtually – with WA authors.
Please complete the application form below if you would like to host an author event during Love to Read Local Week 2023, which runs from 2-9 June.
BOOK CLUB HOSTS: Would your club like to experience a deeper exploration of a book by having the author along to your own gathering? If you’ve previously chosen a book by a WA author or would like to (visit here for inspiration!), then the opportunity to host an author event is as simple as filling out the form below.
Information about WA writers can also be found here.
AUTHORS: This is an opportunity for you to build readership and increase your discoverability. Contact your local library or book club networks and encourage them to submit an application and host an event with you.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- Applications should be made by the host group/book club (not by the author).
- The Fund will support a maximum of one event per group or book club.
- The Fund will support a maximum of three events featuring any one author.
- The Fund will only support events featuring resident West Australian authors.
- All events should be scheduled to take place within Love to Read Local Week, 2-9 June, 2023.
- Writing WA will pay the author’s engagement fee (at ASA rates for live or virtual events) following the event and on receipt of the author’s invoice.
- A maximum of 30 events can be supported in total.
- Applications are encouraged from Writing WA member organisations.
- Groups wishing to become members can apply for membership here.
- Successful applicants will be responsible for organising, hosting and promoting their events.
- All events will be listed and featured on the Love to Read Local Week website.
This program has been enabled with the support of the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund.