Being in isolation doesn’t mean that WA’s enthusiastic readers can’t still take advantage of the opportunity to meet and discuss some of their favourite bookclub books with the authors of those books. As part of the Love to Read Local campaign Writing WA, supported by the Copyright Agency Cultural Fund, is delighted to provide this opportunity for book clubs throughout Western Australia to host virtual events with WA authors.
BOOK CLUBS: Has your Club recently chosen a book by a WA writer that you would like to delve more deeply into? Now you can! Complete the form below and tell us which author you would like to host. We will liaise with the author to confirm their availability and then put them in contact with you to make the necessary arrangements. It’s that simple.
AUTHORS: Have you had invitations to attend Book Club events cancelled as a result of the Covid-19 lock down? This is an opportunity for you to reschedule some of those events as virtual events. Contact your book club networks and encourage them to submit an application.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
- Applications should be made by the host Book Club (not by the author).
- The Fund will support a maximum of one event per Book Club.
- The Fund will support a maximum of three events per author.
- A maximum of 16 events can be supported in total and applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Writing WA will pay the author’s engagement fee (at ASA rates for Virtual Events) following the event and on receipt of the author’s invoice.